week 1 highlights (and yes, there was surfing and belly-ups)

FoodLady here to share some milestones from week 1.

Jim is tired

Jim is tired

• Day 1: Jim is so tired, he purposely moves a stuffie, and then puts his eyes under it and goes out like a light
  • Day 2: Let the stuffy frenzies begin! Both Jane and Jim enjoy a morning squeak-a squeak-a fest
  • Day 3: Jane’s giving tail wags (Jim’s been wagging his tail since he got here)
  • Day 4: The Mister gives Jane one of his amazing-doggie-massages. And Jane gives The Mister the signal “you stoppin’? don’t stop!”
  • Day 5: Jane’s sleeping with her eyes closed
  • Day 6: Jane goes belly-up and starts sleeping in her favorite position of legs-up-the-wall
  • Day 7: Jim goes belly-up!
  • Day 8: Jane came from the back bedroom (her safe spot) when I called her. When she got to me, she gave a look as if to say “uh-oh, did I just do that?”
  • Day 9: Jane is coming out to the kitchen when she hears the dinner kibble hitting the bowl, and then waits after she’s done for dessert cookies (nightly dog treat)
  • Day 9: Jane surfs FoodLady’s dinner. Though this is not to be commended, as it is unacceptable behavior, it is to be quietly celebrated, as it showed she’s getting comfortable here
  • Day 10: Jane comes ‘a runnin’ when I say “wanna go for a walk”, then speeds it up when she sees the leashes in my hand
  • Days 1-10: FoodLady is in JOY! mode
Jane belly up

Jane: belly-up!

10 comments for “week 1 highlights (and yes, there was surfing and belly-ups)

1. Kate
    September 11, 2012 at 5:25 am

This is great! They are so beautiful and I am glad you are all happy! That is the only thing that matters. One day at a time! Love you

2. Nancy J
    September 11, 2012 at 7:06 am

Wonderful! :-)

3. Kathy
    September 11, 2012 at 9:01 am

Bless your hearts Jane & Jim. It just makes me soooo happy to see you two in such a wonderful place. It sounds like the foodlady and the mister are taking excellent care of you!!!

• Jane
      September 23, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Thank you! and, could you give these roos to my sister?

rrrrrrooooooo! roooRRRRRRROOOOOOO! woof!

4. Nancy L
    September 11, 2012 at 10:10 am

I just read every single post. I am thrilled everyone is doing so well!!!

5. SJ
    September 11, 2012 at 10:32 am

I am so glad foodlady is over the moon and that Jim and Jane are settling in so well and so quickly.

6. Brenda Mock
    September 11, 2012 at 2:04 pm

WooooHOOOOOOOO! We just KNEW Jane would come out of her shell when she found the perfect home!! AND, I LOVE Jim’s idea of covering his head (sometimes *I* do that too!!!). ;-}

7. Keith Olson
    September 11, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Greyt stuff. Such rapid progress. Didn’t see a tail wag from BB for weeks.

• FoodLady
      September 23, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Keith – I think that some bits of Jane’s ease here is that she saw me a lot at the kennel – I worked at least 3 shifts a week during the time she was there. She is much more “like we expected” when The Mister is around. She hasn’t wagged her tail for him yet. She’s not cowering away, but she keeps a good eye on him. She’ll come to me in the yard, if she wants to. She circles The Mister, and once in a while boops-his-butt. We can get her inside when we want by going up our ramp – she always follows and once on the upper porch, she’s catch-able. But, there’s NO trying to go to her/catch her in the back yard. She runs away from both of us.

8. Rita
    September 11, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Jealous!! Thanks for letting us continue on Jane’s journey Foodlady. This will be much easier than answering all of our emails checking in.